Who is Eligible?
The member (student) must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an existing Money FCU member with an account relationship beginning prior to January 1, 2020 (member for at least one year)
- Is a college-bound high school senior at the time of application
- Will attend college for the first time in the fall of 2021
- Will be enrolled in either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution
- Agrees to use any scholarship funds awarded by January 31, 2022, at an accredited educational institution only
Two Chances to Win Scholarship Money
In addition to Money FCU’s scholarship award, this one application is automatically submitted into a statewide competition through the New York Credit Union Association. Winners for both will be announced in early spring.
Scholarships will be paid jointly to the student and school and can be used for tuition, room and board, books, supplies, etc.
You will need:
- Completed scholarship application (download the fillable PDF)
- A copy of your transcript (can be unofficial/electronic)
- A copy of your SAT/PSAT/ACT transcript (if applicable, can be unofficial/electronic)
- Your written essay in PDF or Word format (essay question within the scholarship application)
Upload all of your documents through our secure portal at one time.
APPLY BY MAIL
You will need:
- Completed scholarship application (print the application)
- A copy of your transcript or have it sent directly to the Credit Union from your school (can be unofficial)
- A copy of your SAT/PSAT/ACT transcript (if applicable, can be unofficial)
- Your written essay (essay question within the scholarship application)
Mail everything together to:
Money Federal Credit Union
Attn: Scholarship Committee
100 Madison St
Syracuse, NY 13202
You will receive confirmation within 2 business days that it’s been successfully submitted or that we need additional information.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: January 8, 2021